VAR1 Voice-Activated Relay
The Bogen VAR1 Voice-Activated Relay is a DPDT relay device that is activated when an audio signal is detected at the microphone pre-amp or at 70V, 25V, or 600-ohm line level inputs. A slide switch is included to select the pre-amp or the line inputs. The VOX detect circuit also includes volume, sensitivity, and delay controls. The audio output is an isolated 600-ohm transformer. The unit operates from a DC power source. Its applications include muting a sound system in response to a microphone or telephone page, activation of accessory security equipment or activation of a zone paging module.
Full specifications (PDF)
Manufacturer part number: VAR1
- Height: 3.9"
- Width: 5.4"
- Depth: 1.4"
- Weight (Approximate): 2 lb
- Additional Information:
- Four levels of signals: microphone, 600-ohm line, 25V, and 70V speaker systems
- Built-in balanced, low noise, high gain microphone pre-amp
- Monitors audio activity over a wide range of input voltages
- Transformer-isolated, 600-ohm small signal level
- Separate microphone pre-amp gain control
- Trigger threshold adjustment