PowerScan PDF Imager Features
- Transportation & Logistics
- Package Distribution
- Electronic Assembly
- Heavy-Duty Retail
- Industry leading environmental performance in shock/drop, sealing and temperature extremes
- High Performance image capture and omni directional, point-and-shoot label reading
- Ergonomic, over molded enclosure with integrated metal tether hook and cable retainer
- Bright aiming illumination to ensure fast, reliable scanning in diverse lighting conditions
- Flexible mounting and storage accessories available
- Durable solid state scanning backed by an industry leading three year warranty
PowerScan PDF: Setting a New Standard In Imaging
The PowerScan family of handheld bar code scanners has been specifically designed "from the ground up" to meet the requirements of the most demanding users. In this tough environment, the right tool makes all the difference. With a PSC PowerScan scanner on the job, you'll have one of the toughest, most reliable tools around.
The PowerScan PDF imaging scanner brings the latest imaging technology into the industry leading PowerScan product line. Whether your application requires reading traditional linear bar codes, reading stacked 2D symbologies like PDF417 or capturing images like signatures or photographs of other objects, the PowerScan PDF scanner will meet your needs.
Dependable In The Harshest Conditions
Even in the harshest working environments, you can depend on the PowerScan PDF scanner to keep on working. The scanner has a sealing rating of IP54 which means it can withstand intermittent rain showers and keep on working. PowerScan PDF also operates over a wide temperature range from 14° F (-10° C) to over 122° F (50° C).
Built To Stand Up To Abuse
Handheld scanners often are dropped and abused, so this scanner has been designed with high impact-resistant material and incorporates protective rubber cushioning at every point of impact. This protection coupled with the solid state scan engine gives the scanner the most stringent drop specification in the industry - multiple 6.5' (2 m) drops to concrete. The scan window is made of shatter-proof material and is diamond coated to resist scratching. Even the replaceable interface cable is protected with an integrated metal strain relief.
Advanced Imaging Capabilities
The state of the art imaging technology employed in the PowerScan PDF scanner future-proofs your investment. The scanner can quickly and omni directionally read all standard 1D labels - there is no need to orient the scanner to the label. In addition, stacked 2D labels like PDF417, RSS and composites are easily read in a point and shoot manner - the scanner doesn't have to be oriented or moved over the label. Need to capture a signature or other document image? That's easy with PowerScan PDF, and photo quality images of any object can be captured indoors or out.
Two separate versions of the PowerScan PDF Imager are available to suit your specific application: the Standard Range (SR) model is well suited to most imaging needs and provides the greatest depth-of-field on medium to low density labels, while the High Density (HD) model is best for reading higher density labels like 6.6 mil PDF417.
PowerScan PDF Imager Specifications
- 2.7 x 4.4 x 7.2" (6.9 x 11.2 x 18.3 cm)
- 9.6 oz. (272 g) without cable
- Red Illumination LEDs: 626nm ± 30nm
- Green Aiming LEDs: 520nm ± 30nm
Ambient light capability
|7.5 mil Linear
1.5 - 5.5"/3.8 - 14.0 cm
|8 mil Linear
2.5 - 6.6"/6.4 - 16.8 cm
|13 mil UPC
1.5 - 11.5"/3.8 - 29.2 cm
1.3 - 7.9"/3.3 - 20.1 cm
|6.6 mil PDF417
3.5 - 5.3"/8.9 - 13.5 cm
1.8 - 5.0"/4.6 - 12.7 cm
|10 mil PDF417
2.1 - 8.0"/5.3 - 20.3 cm
1.2 - 6.6"3.0 - 16.8 cm
Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
Operating Current (maximum)
- Interlaced Aiming: 275 mA @ 5V
- Concurrent Aiming: 450 mA @ 5 V
Standby Current (maximum)
- Normal Mode: 60 mA @ 5.5V
- Low Power Mode: 30 mA @ 5.5V
- Operating: 14° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C)
- Storage: -40° to 158° F (-40° to 70° C)
- Withstands Multiple 6.5’ (2 m) drops to concrete
Water & Dust
- Code 39
- Code 11
- Code 128
- Code 2 of 5
- Code 93
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Many Others
- EAN-UCC Composites
- Code 49
Safety & Regulatory
Electrical: Complies to
Emissions: Complies to
- EN 55022-B
- AS/NZS 3548