Honeywell ScanTeam 6920 Details
products are Magnetic Stripe Card Readers (MSRs) which
attach to PCs through a keyboard wedge interface. The magnetic stripe data transmitted
by the ScanTeam 6920 to the PC emulates keyboard data input. For many applications, no
PC program modification is required to input data from the ScanTeam 6920 . The ScanTeam 6920
is a bi-directional card reader, it can read cards swiped in either direction.
A beeper and LED indicate a good read or bad read.
Three versions of the ScanTeam 6920 are available: ST6920-1: Track 1 & 2 MSR,
PC XT-AT-PS/2 Interface, XT/AT Circular DIN Type Connectors, ST6920-3: Track
1 & 2 MSR, PC XT-AT-PS/2 Interface, PS/2 and AT Clone Mini DIN Type Connectors,
ST6920-5: Track 1, 2 & 3 MSR, PC XT-AT- PS/2 Interface, PS/2 and AT Clone
Mini DIN Type Connectors
ScanTeam 6920 Features
- Powered by PC Keyboard Port
- Keyboard Wedge Interface
- Bi-Directional Card Read
- Audible Alarm and Diplay
ScanTeam 6920 Benefits
- No external power pack required.
- No additional hardware or software required. Data source is transparent
to the terminal
- Reduced training time and excellent flexibility in temporary and permanent
- Instant feedback to indicate good read or error.