The MagTek Stripe Reader reads information from tracks 1, 2, and/or 3, come with either a Keyboard wedge (PS/2 or AT) or RS-232 interface, and most models are available in either black or white finish.
Keyboard Emulation Software Interface: Data is sent as if it were a USB keyboard. Read data can be viewed in applications such as Windows Notepad without requiring additional drivers or application programming.
Human Interface Device (HID) Software Interface: A developed or modified application is required to communicate with this device. Data will not be seen in applications such as Windows Notepad. USB Swipe & Insert Reader Demo Program can be used to communicate with the USB SureSwipe Swipe Card Reader.
Full specifications (PDF)
Manufacturer part number: 21040079
- Product Type: Magnetic Stripe Reader
- Brand Name: MagTek
- Manufacturer: MagTek, Inc
- Product Name: Magnetic Stripe Swipe Card Reader
- Magnetic Stripe Track Configuration: Dual Track
- Magnetic Stripe Track Number:
- Height: 1.2"
- Width: 1.3"
- Color: Black
- Length: 3.9"
- Weight (Approximate): 5.90 oz
- Interfaces/Ports: RS-232 Serial
- 10% to 90% Non-condensing Operating
- 10% to 100% Non-condensing Storage
- 32°F (0°C) to 131°F (55°C) Operating
- -22°F (-30°C) to 158°F (70°C) Storage
- Additional Information: Cable length: 6ft