Microsoft Retail Management System Details
Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations is:
- A fast, easy-to-use checkout point-of-sale application
- Scalable to a multi-store system that can consolidate sales, inventory, and customer information.
More functional than the Microsoft Point of Sale software, including the ability to
- manage quotes, back orders, and layaways;
- manage multiple dimensions including color, size, and style;
- manage gift cards; and
- connect to third party e-commerce software.
Manage Inventory Efficiently - in Any Store or Small Chain
Store Operations can handle stock, inventory, and sales methods - including your services, layaways, subscriptions, work orders, and back orders. Its point-of-sale (POS) screens deliver faster, smoother sales. It can help you with:
- Hard goods, soft goods and convenience items.
- Matrix and lot matrix.
- Serialized items and multiple serial numbers.
- Assemblies kits and items you produce.
- Weighed, measured, and by bin.
- Gift certificates and vouchers.
- An unlimited number of inventory items and transactions.
- Power, speed, and flexibility at the point of sale.
- Serving others while keeping a stalled transaction "on hold."
- Selling and tracking any product, service or warranty.
- Processing payments, layaways and work orders.
- Accepting multiple tenders, credit cards, coupons, gift vouchers, foreign currencies, and government stamps.
- Selling even when your network is down.
- Putting items on back order for future deliveries from the POS.
- Building rapport - and upsells - using customers' buying histories.
Give Customers a Better Shopping Experience
Serve customers as individuals, using the same tools large retailers do.
- Capture, show or hide customer contact and demographics on POS screen.
- Instantly access complete history of purchases, payments, and account information at the POS.
- Accommodate partial payments and account payments.
- Suggest relevant upsells, sale items, and volume discounts.
- Target your mailings directly to customers' special interests.
- Grant automatic discounts and differential pricing to special customers.
- Reprint electronic receipts to resolve disputes, speed rebates, and verify purchase dates and amounts.
Save Time and Money
Every function is easy to learn and accommodates your changing needs.
- Store Operations installs and sets up easily. Teach POS functions to employees in minutes.
- Lock out - or empower - any employee's access to sensitive data.
- Automate inventory management. Reduce shrinkage and slow moving items.
- Finish long tasks in minutes. Use wizards to bulk-update prices and inventory data.
- Know which associates sell best. Predict what days and hours to staff up - or cut back.
- Learn quickly when to reorder.
Use Customizable Management Tools
Store Operations incorporates all-new tools to manage every aspect of your store with ease and control.
- Easily configure POS screens to display exactly the information your clerks need.
- Customize receipts and price labels, for example, with graphics and logos.
- Exploit many flexible pricing structures for markups and discounts.
- Choose from several ways to set up new sales and promotions - fast.
- Streamline buying with ordering levels, best-price suppliers, and automatic POS.
- Make Store Operations' wizards do your work. It takes just minutes to input new items, manage inventory, and perform everyday chores.
Get Quick, Comprehensive, Flexible Reports
Make smarter decisions using accurate and timely data.
- Know exactly what sold best in every department, category, and season.
- Decide what to buy or mark down.
- Track return on investment from your ads, mailings, promotions, sales, and discounts.
- Preview, print, or export data in multiple formats.
- Filter, hide, sort and group data as you like it.
- Add logos and graphics for formal reports.
- Drill down to modify the database directly from reports.
Integrate with Ease
Easy integration with other software packages lets you avoids double work and broadens management visibility.
- With the help of a reselling partner, Store Operations can be integrated with legacy systems, accounting or financial software, EDC, credit card services, and the Web.
- Make in-store traffic, catalog sales, phone orders, and Web traffic feed each other.
- Store Operations helps you maximize cash-in from every "touch" and transaction.
- Manage accounts receivables in Store Operations, then trade data with popular accounting software. Eliminate double entry, and decide how much detail goes to your accounting software.
- Define how much detail goes to your accounting or financial software.
- Use EDC and integrate with leading credit card services to reduce fraud and keyboard errors.
- With the help of a reselling partner and a third-party application, smoothly integrate Web sales from multiple sites.
- Use Store Operations' POS as a data collector for back-end ERP/CRM applications.
- A Microsoft Partner can help you set up the system to enable PDA and mobile/wireless stations.
- Ship and track online.
Allow More Cash-In Per Customer
Make in-store traffic, catalog sales, phone orders, and Web traffic feed each other. Store Operations helps you maximize cash-in from every "touch" and transaction.
- Know customers' buying histories. Easily market what they want.
- Remind customers who forget items they normally purchase.
- Handle layaways, vouchers, back orders, and quotes.
- Give employees a reminder on the POS screen to mention upsells.
- Use multimedia NetDisplay to promote impulse items at the POS.
- Sell goods and services from partner businesses and third-party Web sites.
- Customize receipts with promotions for new products and specials.
Store Operations conforms to the way you sell and work. It gives you the kind of information tools retail blockbusters use - customer purchase histories, electronic receipts, personalized marketing, and more. It also makes business-to-business, e-commerce, and CRM/ERP connectivity easier with the help of a reselling partner.
- A PC with Intel? Pentium? lll 300 MHz or higher processor (Pentium 4 recommended)
- Microsoft XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 1a or later or Windows Server 2003.
- A minimum of 64MB of RAM (128 MB or higher recommended)
- Approximately 50MB of available hard disk space for the Store Operations application and files (hard-disk usage will vary depending on configuration and location of database files)
- CD-ROM drive
- VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors for POS application; VGA (1024x768)or higher-resolution for Manager application.
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
It generally takes less than 1 hour to train cashiers and managers.
Technical support is available from both Microsoft Business Solutions and us. Microsoft Business Solutions offers optional support packages that provide access to Web- and phone-based technical support assistance. To reach Microsoft Business Solutions Support, call 888-477-7877.