The MS 241 reader from Unitech provides a simple, reliable, and versatile magnetic stripe reading solution for all your MSR needs. When using the Keyboard wedge interface, no programming, software drivers, or external power is required. Just connect the reader to the keyboard and the keyboard port on almost any PC and you're ready to read magnetic stripe cards. Data is read from the card and sent to the PC just as if it were entered from the keyboard. The MS 241 can, however, be programmed to output data exactly according to specific requirements via the revolutionary Reader Configuration Manager software. Cards can be swiped and read in both directions. An LED provides feedback to the user indicating ready-to-read or read-error.
Full specifications (PDF)
Manufacturer part number: MS241-2UG
- Magnetic Stripe Track Configuration: Dual Track
- Minimum Swipe Speed: 3 in/s
- Maximum Swipe Speed: 55 in/s
- Magnetic Stripe Track Number:
- Magnetic Head Life: 1000 Swipe
- Product Type: Magnetic Stripe Reader
- Brand Name: Unitech
- Manufacturer: Unitech Electronics Co., Ltd
- Product Model: MS241
- Product Name: MS241 Magnetic Stripe Reader
- Height: 1.2"
- Width: 1.4"
- Depth: 3.9"
- Color: Black
- Length: 3.9"
- Weight (Approximate): 9 oz
- Humidity: 95% Non-condensing
- 32°F (0°C) to 131°F (55°C) Operating
- -22°F (-30°C) to 158°F (70°C) Storage
- Green Compliant: Yes
- Green Compliance Certificate/Authority: RoHS