- Supported Operating Systems include:
Windows 2000, XP, 2003
- Minimum Requirements:
Windows 2000 = Processor: PII-233 MHz / Memory: 128 MB or
Windows XP / 2003 = Processor: PII-300 MHz / Memory: 256 MB or
- Minimum MB Based on Load Type:
Light - Less than 20 Printers = 256 MB
Medium - Up to 50 Printers = 256-512 MB
Heavy - 50 to 250 Printers = 512+ MB
- High-speed, multithreaded print engine handles heavy labeling
loads without slowing down.
- Multi-processor support with load balancing between
- Multiple LPS's can be used to "divide" the load if
- High-speed support for up to 500 target printers across the
LAN/WAN and Internet.
- High-speed input thread is notified of incoming print jobs and
launches them instantly, regardless of how busy the LPS is
servicing other requests.
- High-speed printer drivers communicate with the printers in
their own native language.
- Printer output streams directed across the Internet are
- Label Formats and graphics are pre-downloaded to the printers,
only data that changes between jobs is sent.
- Printers and labels can be added to the system without the need
for shutting down.
- Runs as an NT service with all applicable security.
Error Detection and Recovery
- Print jobs are automatically recovered and restarted in the
event of an unscheduled system shutdown.
- Client programs are notified of system shutdown so that they
can take appropriate action. In the event that a client continues
to send requests when the LPS has been shut down, all jobs will be
printed upon system restart.
- If a printer is offline for any reason, jobs are queued and
printed when the printer comes back Online.
- Event logging of warnings and errors in the NT/2000 event
- Local serial (COM), parallel (LPT) and Universal Serial Bus
(USB) ports are supported.
- TCP/IP socket connections are supported for network printers on
the LAN or WAN.
- Choice of using the Windows Spooler for small systems or the
high-speed Loftware spooler for large systems.
Clients - No programming required
- Clients - No programming required
- Thin On-Demand Print Client allows the prompting of operators
for print requests across the LAN or WAN. This program is fully
featured and is "thin", which means that no installation is
required. Up to 500 thin clients can connect.
- On-Demand Print Client can also be run in a Citrix, or Terminal
- Applications that can export CSV or XML files can interface the
LPS without the need for programming.
- The LPS can handle up to 500 clients.
- Host and client programs are printer independent.
- Automatically handles complex bar code symbologies such as RSS,
UCC128, Maxicode with compression, PDF417, MicroPDF, and
- Supports a wide range of Windows and Thermal Transfer
- Fully featured Label Designer makes it easy to design
- Label Wizard makes it easy to adhere to automotive, healthcare
(UPN), and DOD standards.
- Direct connections to WMS systems from Oracle, Lilly Software,
Catalyst International, EXE Technologies, Midguard information
systems, Intrepa, etc.
- Tightly integrated with AS/400 host systems when used in
conjunction with a "bridge" from Patrick Townsend Associates.
- Auditing features for tracking what has been
printedConfigurable housekeeping feature for purging old jobs and
status information on a periodic basis.
- Connect to Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Excel, and any other
database supporting 32 bit Open Database Connectivity (ODBC).
- Support for Citrix Metaframe and Terminal Server
- Print foreign character sets for international labeling
- Extensive serial number and date time format support.
- Automatic data parsing and mathematical calculations.
- Constrain label design mode to only allow fields that your
program knows how to send.
- Scan multiple directories simultaneously.
- WDPING utility for system troubleshooting.
- Control Panel Applet for configuring all aspects of LPS.
- Java based servlet for connecting across the Internet.
- Extensive printed as well as on-line documentation.
- "World class" Technical Support and System Analysis.
- Your purchase of a Loftware Product includes an Annual Support
This contract is renewable each year and extends the return on your
investment, with on-going FREE upgrades of your Loftware
Software for one full year, plus unlimited calls to our technical
Support Call Center! Loftware is committed to backing its software
with world-class support.
- Our trained Systems Analysts are also ready to answer any
questions you may have about planning and implementing your
labeling system. Call 207-363-3195 for a FREE