Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations is:
- A fast, easy-to-use checkout point-of-sale application
- Scalable to a multi-store system that can consolidate sales,
inventory, and customer information.
- More functional than the Microsoft Point of Sale software,
including the ability to
- manage quotes, back orders, and layaways;
- manage multiple dimensions including color, size, and
- manage gift cards; and
- connect to third party e-commerce software.
Manage Inventory Efficiently - in Any Store or Small Chain
Store Operations can handle stock, inventory, and sales methods
- including your services, layaways, subscriptions, work orders,
and back orders. Its point-of-sale (POS) screens deliver faster,
smoother sales. It can help you with:
- Hard goods, soft goods and convenience items.
- Matrix and lot matrix.
- Serialized items and multiple serial numbers.
- Assemblies kits and items you produce.
- Weighed, measured, and by bin.
- Gift certificates and vouchers.
- An unlimited number of inventory items and transactions.
- Power, speed, and flexibility at the point of sale.
- Serving others while keeping a stalled transaction "on
- Selling and tracking any product, service or warranty.
- Processing payments, layaways and work orders.
- Accepting multiple tenders, credit cards, coupons, gift
vouchers, foreign currencies, and government stamps.
- Selling even when your network is down.
- Putting items on back order for future deliveries from the
- Building rapport - and upsells - using customers' buying
Give Customers a Better Shopping Experience
Serve customers as individuals, using the same tools large
- Capture, show or hide customer contact and demographics on POS
- Instantly access complete history of purchases, payments, and
account information at the POS.
- Accommodate partial payments and account payments.
- Suggest relevant upsells, sale items, and volume
- Target your mailings directly to customers' special
- Grant automatic discounts and differential pricing to special
- Reprint electronic receipts to resolve disputes, speed rebates,
and verify purchase dates and amounts.
Save Time and Money
Every function is easy to learn and accommodates your changing
- Store Operations installs and sets up easily. Teach POS
functions to employees in minutes.
- Lock out - or empower - any employee's access to sensitive
- Automate inventory management. Reduce shrinkage and slow moving
- Finish long tasks in minutes. Use wizards to bulk-update prices
and inventory data.
- Know which associates sell best. Predict what days and hours to
staff up - or cut back.
- Learn quickly when to reorder.
Use Customizable Management Tools
Store Operations incorporates all-new tools to manage every
aspect of your store with ease and control.
- Easily configure POS screens to display exactly the information
your clerks need.
- Customize receipts and price labels, for example, with graphics
- Exploit many flexible pricing structures for markups and
- Choose from several ways to set up new sales and promotions -
- Streamline buying with ordering levels, best-price suppliers,
and automatic POS.
- Make Store Operations' wizards do your work. It takes just
minutes to input new items, manage inventory, and perform everyday
Get Quick, Comprehensive, Flexible Reports
Make smarter decisions using accurate and timely data.
- Know exactly what sold best in every department, category, and
- Decide what to buy or mark down.
- Track return on investment from your ads, mailings, promotions,
sales, and discounts.
- Preview, print, or export data in multiple formats.
- Filter, hide, sort and group data as you like it.
- Add logos and graphics for formal reports.
- Drill down to modify the database directly from reports.
Integrate with Ease
Easy integration with other software packages lets you avoids
double work and broadens management visibility.
- With the help of a reselling partner, Store Operations can be
integrated with legacy systems, accounting or financial software,
EDC, credit card services, and the Web.
- Make in-store traffic, catalog sales, phone orders, and Web
traffic feed each other.
- Store Operations helps you maximize cash-in from every "touch"
- Manage accounts receivables in Store Operations, then trade
data with popular accounting software. Eliminate double entry, and
decide how much detail goes to your accounting software.
- Define how much detail goes to your accounting or financial
- Use EDC and integrate with leading credit card services to
reduce fraud and keyboard errors.
- With the help of a reselling partner and a third-party
application, smoothly integrate Web sales from multiple sites.
- Use Store Operations' POS as a data collector for back-end
- A Microsoft Partner can help you set up the system to enable
PDA and mobile/wireless stations.
- Ship and track online.
Allow More Cash-In Per Customer
Make in-store traffic, catalog sales, phone orders, and Web
traffic feed each other. Store Operations helps you maximize
cash-in from every "touch" and transaction.
- Know customers' buying histories. Easily market what they
- Remind customers who forget items they normally purchase.
- Handle layaways, vouchers, back orders, and quotes.
- Give employees a reminder on the POS screen to mention
- Use multimedia NetDisplay to promote impulse items at the
- Sell goods and services from partner businesses and third-party
- Customize receipts with promotions for new products and
Store Operations conforms to the way you sell and work. It gives
you the kind of information tools retail blockbusters use -
customer purchase histories, electronic receipts, personalized
marketing, and more. It also makes business-to-business,
e-commerce, and CRM/ERP connectivity easier with the help of a
- A PC with Intel® Pentium® lll 300 MHz or higher processor
(Pentium 4 recommended)
- Microsoft XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 1a or later
or Windows Server 2003.
- A minimum of 64MB of RAM (128 MB or higher recommended)
- Approximately 50MB of available hard disk space for the Store
Operations application and files (hard-disk usage will vary
depending on configuration and location of database files)
- CD-ROM drive
- VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors for
POS application; VGA (1024x768)or higher-resolution for Manager
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
It generally takes less than 1 hour to train cashiers and
Technical support is available from both Microsoft Business
Solutions and us. Microsoft Business Solutions offers optional
support packages that provide access to Web- and phone-based
technical support assistance. To reach Microsoft Business Solutions
Support, call 888-477-7877.