- Card Reader - The bidirectional, 3-track magnetic stripe reader ensures a high read rate and customer ease-of-use.
- Color or Monochrome LCD - Your choice of a vibrant color or crisp monochrome LCD gives impact to the messages you want your customers to notice.
- Communication - Abundant choices for powerful connections to your legacy and state-of-the-art systems.
- Ethernet Channel - Simultaneous communications to an Ethernet port off-loads high bandwidth transmissions.
- Exciting Design - Functional and ergonomic design for fast, accurate transactions.
- Field Replaceable Screen Protector - Designed and tested for the retail environment with a low cost, passive, tethered stylus, and replaceable screen protector.
- SDK - Build custom, secure applications using Handheld Products' proven development environment.
- Security - Visa PED approved with a dedicated security processor. Customer PINs are secured with industry standard encryption.
- True Finger Touch - A light finger touch or tap of the stylus is all that is needed to activate the TT8500.
Transaction Team 8500 Specifications
Signature Window: Resistive, transparent, pressure-sensitive touch
LCD Size: 4.45 x 3.3 in. (11.3 x 8.4 cm) (Active area)
LCD Resolution: 320 x 240 dot, 16 bit color (optional)
Touch Pad Resolution: 903 x 1238 ppi
RS-232: 4800 to 115.2 Kbps
RS-232 Pass-Through: Using Aux. Y cable with AC power
RS-485: Using 9A, 9B, 4B connectors (no power adapter)
PC USB: AC power adapter required
USB Hub Host: 5V DC power pass-through, support for USB 1.1 and
2.0 for up to 16 devices (optional port)
IBM Retail USB: SurePOS compatible (no power adapter)
Ethernet 10/100 BaseT: Optional port. Cable not supplied.
Flash: 4MB to 16MB
SDRAM: 16MB to 64 MB
Width: 7.3 in. (18.5 cm)
Depth: 7.56 in. (19.2 cm)
Height: 2 in. (5.1 cm)
Weight: 2 lb. (.9 kg)
Current Draw: 700 mA @ 12VDC
Source: 120V AC adapter or powered host terminal port
Optional Software Development Kit
Operating Systems: Microsoft